Board Meeting Highlights - October 3, 2017
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, October 3, 2017. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board regretfully accepted the resignation of Superintendent Tim Monds effective May 31, 2018.
- The Board received information including the 2017-2018 School Enrolment Report. Parkland School Division total enrolment as of September 30, 2017 is 11,061 students.
- Total enrolment reflects an increase of 173 students over numbers reported September 30, 2016. (+1.59%)
- West End Area Schools are down 60 students. (-7.71%)
- Town of Stony Plain and area schools are up 86 students. (+1.95%)
- City of Spruce Grove and area schools are up 164 students. (+2.98%)
- Of note: Prescott Learning Centre's enrolment as of September 30, 2017 is up 154 students (741) which can be attributed to the addition of Grade 9 students for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The Board received as information the 2016-2018 Board Communications Plan. Parkland School Division’s vision and mission guide this plan. Defining actionable, results-oriented goals is critical to the success of the organization’s strategic communications and marketing efforts.