Resource Officer - A Success Story!
At Spruce Grove Composite High School, Constable Pat Chornoby, our School Resource Officer, has become a huge support for students, parents and a mentor to our staff. We are happy to have Pat as a part of our team. Pat wears many hats throughout the day as she networks with our learning community establishing positive trusting relationships.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Mingle in the cafeteria, lounge areas during breaks, lunch and after school. This includes the parking lot and back alley behind the school.
- Visitations to classrooms as an observer, participant or speaker in Psychology, CALM or Forensic Science.
- Liaise with the SADD/MADD groups that exist at the school.
- Attend parent teacher nights to answer any questions parents may have.
- Attend and present at our school’s Professional Development Days.
- Join the Administration from the school as we visit our feeder schools meeting with grade 9 students and their parents to help make the transition to high school a smooth one.
- Assist in connecting students and parents with other agencies such as Child and Family Services and/or FCSS (Family and Community Support Services).
- Assist administration in supporting and promoting good student behavior and citizenship skills.
- An added benefit in a high school setting would be speaking with students to encourage and promote interest in law enforcement as an employment option.
Simply put, this is to enable the building of a partnership between law enforcement, the City of Spruce Grove and Spruce Grove Composite High School to ensure students are successful, safe and ultimately productive citizens within the community.
We are pleased to have Pat as a part of our safe and caring school model. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email Constable Chornoby at firstname.lastname@example.org .