Welcome to Spruce Grove Composite High School!
Welcome if you are new to us, and welcome back if you are returning to us. We are pleased to be sharing your educational journey.
Spruce Grove Composite High School prides itself on being one of the first schools in Alberta to embrace High School Redesign. By incorporating Personal Learning Time (PLT), Seminar Time and Teacher Collaborative Time (TCT), we provide an exceptional education to our students.
We have a full range of curricular and extracurricular programs designed to engage students in their high school experience. This is reinforced through our school Vision, Mission and Motto:
Our Vision - SGCHS is a place where everyone:
- Is responsible for a safe and supportive environment
- Embraces lifelong learning
- Demonstrates respect, courtesy and honesty
- Is provided with a quality education
- Takes responsibility for their learning
- Welcomes the involvement of parents and community
- Works collaboratively to create an effective learning environment
- Strives to be responsible global citizens.
Our Mission - B.E.S.T - Building Excellence & Success Together
Our Motto - Agis Quod Adis - Do Well What You Do
Our New Administrative Team
For those of you who are already familiar with The Comp, you can see that the face of administration has undergone a significant shift. Mr. Mark Rose joins us from Memorial Composite High School; he will be this year’s Grade 10 Coordinator. Mr. Cameron Robertson left Stony Plain Central to become our Grade 11 Coordinator for this year. Ms. Cheryl Otto comes to us via Northern Gateway Public Schools to take on the role of Principal. Of course, you will recognize Mrs. Katherine Mann, our Grade 12 Coordinator, who is continuing here at SGCHS.
Whether you are new or returning, we look forward to the year ahead.